- Rajiv Gandhi (former Prime Minister)
Mother - Sonia Gandhi (President of the Indian
Sister - Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
Brother-in-law - Robert Vadra
grandfather: Jawaharlal Nehru (former and first
Prime Minister of India)
Great grandmother: Kamala Nehru
Grandmother: Indira Gandhi (former Prime Minister
Grandfather: Feroze Gandhi (Politician)
Uncle: Sanjay Gandhi (Politician)
Aunt: Maneka Gandhi (active Politician, animal
Cousin Brother: Varun Gandhi (active in politics)
Schooling at Modern School,New Delhi
* Home schooled for
most of his school years
* Enrolled for History (Hons) at St. Stephen's College,
* Completed a four-year AB course in Economics at
University but did not get his degree.
* He transferred later due to security reasons to
Rollins College in Florida where he completed a B.A.
* Received an M. Phil in Development Economics after
attending Trinity College, Cambridge.
, Uttar Pradesh
(Indian National Congress)
worked in London as a consultant with the strategy
consultancy firm Monitor Group
* He currently owns a computer consultancy firm in
May 2004, he won the Lok Sabha elections from his
father's constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh and
won a landslide majority. He won by a margin 300,500
* His sister Priyanka was his campaign manager.
* He concentrates mainly on constituency issues and
the politics of Uttar Pradesh.
* Is Member, Committee on Home Affairs
* Was made Congress general secretary and inducted
into the Congress Working Committee on September 24,
2007. Will be in charge of the
Youth Congress and the National Students Union of
He and his sister, Priyanka
went to Karachi and watched the first ODI match between
India and Pakistan in March 2004 and the public in
Pakistan were happy to see them.
* Newsweek alleged in late 2006 that he had not completed
his degrees at Harvard and Cambridge or kept his job
at the Monitor Group.
*He says that if anyone from the Gandhi-Nehru family
had been active in politics then, the Babri
Masjid would not have fallen.
*He says once the Gandhi family decides on
something, it makes sure that is accomplished — whether
it is throwing out the British, breaking up Pakistan
or taking India into the 21st century.
* According to him Bachchans are liars
of primary education
* Issues related to the empowerment of the dalits
and other oppressed sections of society
* Preservation of marine environment
* International Affairs
internet, listening to music, playing chess and flying
Sports and Clubs
diving, swimming, cycling, playing squash, target
shooting; Member, Indian Habitat Centre
* Excelled in rifle shooting
And Cultural Activities
* Rajiv Gandhi Foundation
* Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
* Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Trust
* Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust
* Rajiv Gandhi Computer Shiksha Kendra
is an architect and met her when he was studying in
was 14 years old when his grandmother, Prime Minister
Indira Gandhi, was assassinated by her security men.
* Incidentally, he is the same age as his late uncle
Sanjay Gandhi was when he won the elections from Amethi
* Like his father he trained at a shooting range in
the Aravalli ranges near Delhi.
*He was not admitted to St Stephen's on merit, but
from the sports quota.
* Media enquiries report that he attended under the
alias "Rahul Vinci".
is a work that my father had started, a dream he had
dreamt. I come to you today saying…allow me to turn
that dream into reality"
Anil Wilson, the principal of St Stephen's College:
a diligent student. He had no airs about the famous
family he belonged to. I think he left college because
of security concerns. We really did not get an opportunity
to assess his academic brilliance."
Astrologers: Communicator. Social, outgoing.
Sees and blends opposites/both sides of an issue.
Vivacious, quick, flexible, versatile, lively and
changeable. Mentally ambitious.
12, Tughlak Lane,
New Delhi- 110 011.
Tels. (011) 23014481, 23014161
Tel (011) 23012686
Fax (011) 23018550