* As he was born at "Manayangath House" he got
it in his name.
* His parents did not have any musical
* His father died of illness when he was 4.
* His mother was about to commit suicide along
with him because of poverty.His grandfather
saved his mother.
* He used to sell foodstuff in a movie theater
during his childhood.
* At the age of 15 he acted in a play on
* He was offered to play junior Kovalan in the
film ‘Kannagi’, but later it was cancelled.
* He was a chorus singer.
* He was dominating film music composing in the
South Indian film industry during 1960 – 1970.
* He has composed for more than 1750 films.
* He has composed music for albums and political
* He has done music for Tamil, Telugu, Kannada
and Malayalam movies.
* He has acted in many Movies, appeared in
programs on Indian Television (Doordarshan),
other commercial TV channels, Tele Serials.
* He writes in a unique way holding the pen in
between the index and the middle finger.
* He has been performing at a temple on the
outskirts of Chennai for the last 29 years
without a break during the Saraswathi Pooja
* Every day he spends one and half an hour in
* In 1996, Don Bosco school at Broadway, Chennai
gifted him a harmonium and it is his favorite.
* His biography “Mellisai Mannar MSV” written by
Ramanimaindhan was released in 2003 and the
famous playback singer Naushad ali attended the
* A Santoor player, Visweswaran is with MSV for
more than 2 decades. Visweswaran considers MSV
as his "Maanaseeka Guru".
* Visweswaran's interesting titles to MSV: 1) "Santhome
Mahaan" 2) "Swayamboo" 3) "Avataara Purushar"
* Gemini Ganesan loved to call MSV as "Mamanaar"
* On his biography book release function
Ilaiyaraaja laid all his achievements at MSV’s
* He considers Kannadasan, Vaali as his two eyes
and MGR, Sivaji also as his two eyes.
* MGR, Annadurai and Karunanidhi were big fans
* He & his duo Ramamurthy were very good friends
and they worked together as music directors for
a long time.
* In his ‘Engae nimmadhi’ song which was sung by
T.M.Soundararajan, 125 orchestra members worked
from 9 AM – 2 PM.