nilacharal.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
nilacharal.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7th October 2006.
What we collect
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
• the use of enquiry, feedback, registration or similar forms
• the provision of your details to us either online or offline.
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
• College Name
• Job title
• Company name
• Company address, phone and fax number
• Home address and phone number
• Mobile telephone number
• E-mail address
• Postcode, preferences and interests
• Market research data such as readership patterns.
If you are a nilacharal.com subscriber we may also collect information regarding your use of the service.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our quality and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new articles, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
• identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow subscribers to be presented with a personalised version of the site
• enabling you to move more easily around our site
• your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements
• building up a demographic profile
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time however this will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of the site, prevent access to subscriber-only areas of the site and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the “manage cookies” section. Alternatively go to the help menu within your internet browser.
From time to time we may permit 3rd party companies to set cookies on nilacharal.com for purposes which may include market research, serving advertisements, revenue tracking or to improve functionality of the site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes like newsletter
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to:
18 Collingwood Road
e-mail : email@example.com
We may charge the statutory allowable fee for provision of this information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to this Policy