|Nick Name||Malabar ahzagi, Tamil ammayee|
|Date of Birth||26 Oct, 1985|
|Profession||Dancer, Stage compere, Actress, model, business woman|
|Languages||Can read, write and speak in Malayalam, Tamil and French. Can only speak Telugu.|
|Parents||Father: Joseph Thotumkal, former CBI officer
Mother: Dr.Shelin, Surgeon in Kerala Govt hospital
|Education||Schools:Naval public school,Cochin and St.Teresa’s Hr.Sec.School
College: B.A.(literature) from St.Teresa’s college, Cochin
|Modeled||in at least 60 advertisements|
|Entry into tamil films||Director Jeeva after seeing her in ‘Aircel’ advertisement invited her to act in his film ‘Ullam Ketkumee’|
|Debut||*Tamil: M.Kumaran, S/O Mahalakshmi
* Malayalam: ‘Narendran magan Jaykanthan’ directed by sathyan athikadu.
* Telugu: ‘Amma nnan oru Thamizh ammayi’
|Favourite||* Singers: Balamurali Krishna, P.Susheela, Janet Jackson
* Spot: all places in Kerala
* Sport: Cricket
* Attire: Jeans and Shirts
|Farmhouse||owns Vagmon a lovely hill station in Kerala|
|Dam||A dam near her home is named as Asin dam|
|ASIN’S||Her company deals with anything from hospital equipments, software, furniture etc.|
|Desire||Likes to try her luck in the Civil service exams. Wants to prove that film people can also excel in academics.|
|Respects||Nadiya for her simplicity|
|Loves||to gaze at the water|
|Singing||Harris Jayaraj had given her an opportunity to sing but she was not able to do because of her busy schedule.|
|Shopping||finishes all her shopping abroad and avoids at home|
|Plans||to export carved wood products.|
|Never||* Acts in a movie without hearing the story or knowing the strength of her character.
* Does vulgar scenes or double meaning dialogues
|Influential people||Her grandmother Mary, Mother Theresa and her mother.|
|Favourite food||Fresh water fish and Kerala rice|
|Hates||Smoking and smokers|
|Address||Marine drive, Kochi, Kerala|
|Awards||* Won the �best young entrepreneur� award when she was only 14 years old.
* Best Actress, Filmfare award for the telugu film ‘Amma Nanna O� Tamila Ammayi’
|Facts||* She is a voracious reader. * At age four she created a record by dancing non-stop for four hours.
* Asin means pure or blemishless
* One of the songs for the film M.Kumaran, S/O Mahalakshmi was
filmed in the farmhouse owned by her family.
* Her father wanted to name her Mary after her grandmother.
* She was not able to act in the film ‘Shahjahan’ with Vijay due to date
* Only child to her parents.
* Comes from a very wealthy family.
* Is a good bharata natyam and Kathakali dancer
* Director Fazil wanted to introduce her first in malayalam films.
|Aim||* start a Bharata natayam school in Kochi
* to publish her poems
* to improve her business
* to be a well known actress