|Date of birth
||25th August 1973
|Place of birth
||Thiruvayyaru, Tamil Nadu
- Mother: Lalitha
- Father: I.Sivakumar
- Sister:-Gayatri sunderaraman
- Maternal Grandfather: Palghat Mani Iyer
- Paternal Grandfather:Iswaran
- Paternal Grandmother:‘Sangita Kalanidhi’ DK Pattammal
- Grand Uncle: D.K.Jayaraman
||Her mother and her grandmother
||B.Com, SIET college
||At a young age of five
| Debut as
- Carnatic singer: In August 1987, Youth Association For Classical Music
- playback for films: Jeans
|Style of singing
||Kambhoji, Bhairavi , Subha Pantuvarali , Sindhubhairavi, Kapi , Madhuvanthi.
||Reading books especially on music
- First performance in the music academy
- When representing India in the Asian Music Festival
- When her husband first attended her concert.
- Her first performance in USA.
|Influential factor in her life
||Her family’s strong musical background
- Her father is her Mirudangam accompaniment.
- ‘A’ Grade artist with AIR and Doordarshan
- proud: to be an Indian
- sad: Never spent any time with her maternal grand father Palghat Mani Iyer (He passed away when she was only six)
|Music to her is
||Capable of taking people to the world of ecstasy and divinity.
||Service to humanity is service to God
–“Ganamritakalarasana” from the Bharati Ilaignyar Sangam,
–“Sunadavinodini” from the Omkarananda Mutt,
–“Udavum oli” from Vasantha Memorial Trust for Cancer Care and Cure
–“Isai kalai tharakai” from Australian Tamil Foundation
-State Govt. Award for the Best play back singer for the film Jeans
– “Rajiv award“ from cultural wing of TMC.
–“Nadha bhooshanam“ from Sree Shanmukhanda Sangeetha Sabha in New Delhi
–“Bala rathna” from Nemili Bala Peetam
–“Sangeetha sikhamani“ from Andhra Social & Cultural Club, Chennai
– “Ugadi Puraskar“ award from Madras Telugu Academy
– “Gaanamrutha vani“ from All Ceylon Hindu Congress
–“Kalai maa mani“ from the Govt. of Tamil Nadu
–“M.L. Vasanthakumari Memorial Award” from Sri Ragam Fine Arts.
–“Navarasa gaana nayaki” from Aanmiga Peravai
– “Innisai gnana vaaridi” from Sivakasi Tiruppugazh Manram
–“Innisai maamani” from Tamil Nadu Goodwill and Welfare Association
– “Yuva kala bharathi” from Bharat Kalachar
||Mrs S.Nityasree Mahadevan,
No 9, Venus Colony,
II nd Cross Street
||Music has no language. It is a beautiful expression of your feelings. Caste and creed do not find a place in this. It is a great unifying factor”.
||To spread music to everyone