||Sivaji Ganesan-Given by great Rationlist,Thanthai Periyar E.V.R.Ramasamy
Nadikar thilagam, Nadippu chakravarthy
|Date of Birth
||October 1 ,1927
||Villupuram, a small town in South Arcot district, in Tamilnadu, India
||Father: P.Chinniah Mandraayer(Freedom fighter)
Mother: Rajamani Ammal
Sons: Ramkumar and Prabhu
Daughters: Shanthi and Thenmozhi
- Make-up Aptness and Physical Fitness
- Infinite Variety In Acting And Dialogue -Delivery
|First performance on stage
||At the age of 9yrs he was so interested in stageplays and ran away from home. So his mother joined him in a famous drama troupe
|First film & turning point
|No of films acted
||about 300 movies including 9 Telugu
movies, one Malayalam movie and two Hindi movies.)
|Few of his famous films
||Poongothai/Pardesi , Pempudu Koduku, Manohara , Kalvanin Kadhali , Tenali Raman, Rangoon Radha , Makkali Petra Maharasi , Maragatham , Motor Sunderam Pillai , Pasumponn, Thiruvilayaada, Thiruvarutchelvar, Veerapaandiya Kattabomman, Kappalotiya Thamizhan, Karnan, Navarathiri, Thillana Mohanaambhal
- The Best Actor Award won in Afro- Asian Film Festival held in Gairo, Egypt in 1960.
- Padmasri Title – 1966.
- Padmabhushan Title – 1984
- Chevalier Award of France 1995.
- Dadha Saahib Paalkhe Award 1997.
|Involvement in politics
- Till 1955 he was a staunch D.M.K. party sympathiser
- 1961 he become a strong supporter of Congress Party
- In 1982 Mrs.Indira Gandhi made him the Rajya sabha M.P
- After 1987 came out of Congress and floated his own Political Party
- 2 years latter became President of Tamilnadu faction of Janata Dal.
|Honours bestowed Upon him
- In 1962 Sivaji Ganesan toured America as its Special Guest. There, he was given one of the highest honours of being the Mayor of Niagara City for one day. After Prime Minister Nehru, Sivaji was the only Indian to get this honour.
- In Hollywood he met world famous actors like Marlon Brando and some leading Cinema technicians.
- Egyptian President Naasar, Singapore former Prime Minister, Ceylon President Chandrika, Indian former Prime Ministers Nehru, Indra Gandhi, V.P. Singh, former President Dr. Radhakirishnan, former Governer -General Rajaji, former Chief Ministers Kamarajar and Annadurai, Present Chief Minister Kalaignar Karunanidhi, Ex-Chief Ministers M.G.R., RamaRao and Jayalalitha were not only his associates but his very great admirers too!
- Actors’ association president Vijaykanth said that October 1, Sivaji Ganesan’s birthday, would be observed as Actors’ Day.
||Erected the statue of Kattabomman at Kayatharu.
Donated amount for erection of Sivaji Maharaj statue at Bombay
||On July 21, 2001 because of a prolonged heart ailment.