||Thomas Cruise Mapother IV
|Date of Birth
||3 July 1962
||Syracuse New York , USA
||Father: Thomas Cruise Mapother III
Mother: Mary Lee Mapother
Daughters: Isabella, Suri
*Lee Anne De Vette
||Mimi Rogers(1987 – 1990), Nicole Kidman(1990 – 2001)
||He and Nicole Kidman adopted two children, Isabella and Connor.
||to Katie Holmes, proposed to her in Paris
||Heather Locklear, Rebecca De Mornay, Melissa Gilbert, Penelope Cruz
||actor William Mapother
||Glen Ridge High School, New Jersey
||Church of Scientology
||* Psychiatry is a pseudo science
* Scientology cured him of his dyslexia
||At 14 years he wanted to become a priest and also enrolled into one.
||At age 28 he renounced his Catholic beliefs and embraced The Church Of Scientology.
||$70 million for the film Mission Impossible
||skydiving, scuba diving, and piloting his Pitts Special S-2B stunt plane
||dogs called Basil and Murray and a cat called Harvey
|Well known for his
||Generosity and compassion
||Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
||The Ashley Flint Fund, The Tsunami Relief Fund, Themoms.biz Diabetes Fund, Hillary Rodham Clinton’s Campaign and The Church of Scientology.
||First actor in history to star in five consecutive films that grossed $100 million in the USA: Few Good Men, A (1992), Firm, The (1993), Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994), Mission: Impossible (1996), Jerry Maguire (1996)
|Best and Worst
||In 1988, he became the first actor to have the distinction of starring in both the year’s Oscar winner for Best Picture, Rain Man (1988) and the year’s Razzie “winner” for Worst Picture, Cocktail (1988).
||An Oscar but was nominated for three times in the years 1990, 1997, 2000.
|Awards & Honours
- Saturn Award Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA for the film Vanilla Sky in the year 2002.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world in 1990, 1991 and 1997;
- Chosen as People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive in 1990;
- Ranked #3 in Empire (UK) magazine’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list in 1997;
- Ranked #14 in Premiere’s 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #16 in 2002
- Ranked #4 in Star TV’s Top 10 Box Office Stars of the 1990s (2003)
- Had received a star on the walk of fame in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- The Nova Award for the film ‘Mission Impossible’ in 1997
- The National Board of Review award for the film ‘Jerry Maguire’ in 1996 and for the film ‘Magnolia’ in 1999
- Won the People’s choice Award in 1990, 1994
- MTV movie award for the film ‘Jerry Maguire’ in 1997, Mission Impossible II in 2001
- Special Silver Ribbon Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists in 2000
- Golden Satellite award for the film ‘Jerry Maguire’ in 1997
- Golden Globes award for the films Born on the fourth of July, Jerry Maguire, Magnolia in the years 1990, 1997,2000 respectively.
- Florida Film Critics Circle Awards for the film ‘Magnolia’ in 2000
- Ethnic Multicultural Media Awards, UK for the film ‘Last Samurai’ in the year 2004
- Empire Awards, UK for the film ‘Minority Report’ in the year 2003
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards in 1990, 2000 for the films Born on the fourth of July and Magnolia
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award for the films Jerry Maguire, and Magnolia in the years 1997, 2000
- By the age 14 he had attended 15 different schools in US and Canada.
- Is right handed when writing, but does most things left handed.
- Will not allow his likeness to be used in video games or for action figures.
- He took up acting after losing his place on a high school wrestling team, due to a knee injury.
- Was so eager to join the cast of “Magnolia” that he took a pay cut to be part of the budgeted $30 million movie.
- He is a licensed Pilot.
- Has appeared in films opposite five directors who have also directed his films. Sydney Pollack, who directed The Firm, appeared in Eyes Wide Shut. Stanley Kubrick, who directed Eyes Wide Shut, makes a cameo appearance in all of his films. Paul Thomas Anderson, who directed Magnolia, appeared as an extra in Minority Report. Minority Report director Steven Spielberg appeared in Vanilla Sky and Austin Power in Gold member. Cameron Crowe, who directed Jerry Maguire and Vanilla Sky, appeared in Minority Report
- While filming “Days of Thunder” at Daytona International Speedway, he drove one of the Hendricks Motor sports R&D cars around the track. The best time recorded was a lap at 205 MPH.
||“I’ve had a very interesting life. There are ways of handling the complexities. I’m willing to take on responsibilities as a father, as a producer, as an actor – and I enjoy that. I’ve always been changing and evolving and growing. There’s no pinnacle of power where you can sit back and rest.”